Monday, June 15, 2015

Dance Recital Tips and Gift Ideas

Dance recital tips and gift ideas!



The girls dance recital was last weekend and I enjoy them so much. But I didn’t always…

It’s a bitter sweet weekend for us as our oldest wants to take a break from dance. And I get it, it can be a long season, and she should be able to choose. I don’t want to force her to keep taking classes if she isn’t into it.

Our youngest now wants to take a break too. Hmmm? That is a decision mommy and daddy may have to make.


The girls danced so well, and received so many compliments. However, there was a time when I used to dread dance recital weekend. It was so stressful and LooooooOOOOOooooooong. Especially for a child under 6 years old.

I have some tips in a past blog on how to survive dance recital here.

Our oldest daughter wanted to do pinwheels this year as a gift. I thought that was a great idea. I feel we overload on sweets, it has nothing to do about being healthy, and I know that I have been focused on health lately. It is more about giving a gift that is reasonably priced, fun to play with, and won’t make a mess backstage.

She came up with the cute “pun” on the gift tag: “It’s been fun twirling with you”





Excuse their "stage" makeup. Ha ha!

I cannot take credit for this idea, but check this out!



One of the parents took photos of all the kids during rehearsal, printed out each photo, adhered it to a magnet, cut out the silhouette and gave them to each individual dancer as gifts! This will require time, but…Seriously Awesome! How is that for a non-sweet gift?



Stay tuned for some fun 4H projects we are working on! Plus I have some recipes I want to share this summer too!


What do you give as dance recital gifts? Or birthday favors?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips