Monday, June 4, 2012

School: summer reading and math

Here we are in the heart of summer, and the kids are so excited to be out of school.  We are enjoying the warm weather, sun and pool. Our summer schedule is packed with daily activities, camp, tennis, golf, soccer, baseball, basketball. Busy, busy, busy bees. See our family summer list {here}.

Although, we all want to have a break from school and daily routines, our family knows how important it is to continue with school work.  Therefore, I decided to have a rewards system for the kids.  If they read, do math or spelling they earn a fake dollar for every minute of "school" work.

I decided it would be fun for them to make it a game. Everyday (well more like every OTHER day) we roll a dice to see what number they have to do. Most of the "activities" are 20 - 30 minutes.



They were so excited to start this fun project!
I hope that continues throughout the summer.





As I mentioned before the dollars are fake money that I found online.






 They continue to ASK to roll the dice.  Yes, I said THEY ASK to do this!
Wow, I didn't know it would have that response.
Happy Summer!


What schooling do you do with your kids in the summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips