Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One more coupon experience

So I tried couponing again. I think I've come to the conclusion that 32% is the best you can do in Iowa. I even used a $5 gift card that I got from another coupon experience. I expected better.

I started saving the Sunday paper coupons and put them in a binder. Then I went to www.couponmom.com and looked up their database for things I needed. This database shows you what is on sale and what has a coupon. I clipped my coupons and went shopping.

Here I was in Target with two kids in the candy isle, with my phone out using the calculator. (Seriously I was using the calculator) While the kids are saying, "buy this, I want that, can we get a toy?" This is so NOT me. I can't believe I've gone this far for a "deal".

I've figured that this is the best it gets.

I still haven't given up. I want to get something for FREE. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. It can be really hard in Iowa!! I recently blogged about my 'start' as well http://tmmeverydaylady.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/the-beginning-of-my-couponing-journey/ and on that post you'll find several links to different blogs/FB pages you could look at to see deals/match-ups (if you don't already). I would also suggest looking at www.pennypinchinmom.com to see her coverage of Hy-Vee!! Good luck! Keep it up! Free will come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Misty!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips