Tuesday, October 13, 2015

How to Train for a Half Marathon: Training Schedule

How to Train for a Half Marathon
A Beginners Training Schedule


This is the second post about my half training. To view the first post go here.

I have ran four road races in my life, they were all 5Ks. My first one was brutal. I ran it in about 36:00 minutes and didn't train. I was so painfully sick from Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) two days after I had to leave work. I went home and slept from 3:00pm - 8:00pm. Worst mistake I made: No training.

I feel I should give you all a little background on my fitness level. I have been very active as a child and have been exercising regularly since I was in 7th grade. I switched school districts when I went to High School (1990) and wanted to get to know people, so I joined Cross Country. I hated it. Oh boy, I hated every bit of it. And I wasn't good. I also ran track which was better, but still, wasn't my favorite.






I was also on the dance team since 7th grade through college, so I've done cross training, weights, strength, cardio, HIIT, kickboxing you name it, I exercise. I like to exercise, it's something I enjoy doing. But running? Ugh, you will hear me complain anytime I had to run. 






I've had numerous training plans in my day, and this time, I knew I needed a plan to get me to run 13.1 miles for a race.

So I did the best thing I could think of...I asked numerous friends who HAVE completed half marathons what plan they use, until I found the best one...my own. I took bits and pieces from each one and created my own plan and I'm excited to share that with you in the following weeks.

But here are some of the plans that I received:
http://www.teamvardo.com/
http://www.halhigdon.com/
http://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/3-day-half-marathon-training-plan




          


Enter your email to receive your race training schedule!

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips