Monday, June 10, 2013

Mommy Monday: Kids Wall art

One step at a time we are getting closer and closer to having Sidney's room done.  I'm still searching for a bookcase and I think I'm going to break down and go to Target. It just needs to be complete, and why are bookcases so hard to find?


However, I did get her artwork hung on the wall. Although, it's still not complete. We need to hang her hooks so she can hang all her medals.

Here is how I did this and all the measurements were perfect and easy to hang without putting multiple holes in the wall for each frame.


I started by laying 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper on the floor and taping them all together.

Then, Sidney and I tried different picture frame compositions and the above was the winner.

Then, I traced the outer edge of each frame and measured where the nail should be.


I taped it to the wall and MOST IMPORTANTLY I used a level to make sure the frames were straight. After adjusting the paper I hammered the nails into the spots I marked.

Then I carefully took the paper off the wall and hung the pictures.


I'll try to do a full room reveal soon!

This is such a cute way to display your child's art.

How do you display their artwork?

Follow on Bloglovin so you don't miss out!
Follow on Bloglovin





Now it's time to hop on over and link up your blog.

1 comment:

  1. Laying out the paper like that is a really great idea for making a gallery wall! I'll have to keep this in mind when I (eventually) get around to doing mine! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips