Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February goals: keeping it simple

 If you have been reading my blog lately you may have noticed that I started this year with some goals. I have been crossing off each project in January starting with all of our closets  (here.)

February is here, holiday and all. Ahhh Valentine's day, one of the two holidays that I cannot stand. I know your thinking, what girl doesn't like Valentine's Day? ME, that's who.  (The other holiday I cannot stand, you ask? Halloween)

I never really liked Valentine's Day, even in Elementary School.  When I was in third grade, during our Valentine's party, a boy chased me around the room trying to give me his Valentine, apparently I didn't want it. I was traumatized. Ha! 

Flowers? Sure, but not red roses, I prefer yellow roses. I would rather have a fresh bouquet of mixed flowers, and when it comes down to it, I would prefer we/he didn't drop the outrageous amount of cash on flowers on this holiday. Chocolate? Yes, I cannot live without, I eat it daily, yes daily.

In our house we don't celebrate Valentine's day, we celebrate our Valentine child. Our second born, Sawyer, was born on Valentine's day, 2002. We actually chose his birthday because I was induced and, at the time, I was very ready to "get the baby out." Our doctor was on-call Feb. 13, 14 and 15. The 13th was a Friday and we didn't want a Friday the 13th baby (everything bad goes through your head when you are pregnant, superstitions and all) and on Sundays, Feb 15, they didn't do inductions, Feb. 14 was "get the baby out" day.

It was a wonderful labor experience, everything went smoothly and the delivery was a huge celebration. We didn't find out the sex of the baby and we had a 16 mo. old girl (Sidney) waiting to be a big sister. I remember when he came out and the doctor said, "It's a boy!" I threw my hands up in the air like we just won a championship game. Josh and I were so excited to have a family of four, one girl, one boy. (Of course, I can't forget Kennady who was born in 2008)

Every year we celebrate his birthday on this lovey, dovey holiday. He wears it well. His birthday themes have been sports over the years and this year is no exception. Here are some of my favorite pictures of Sawyer.






Enough about Sawyer's birth story and on to some goals. January's goals were pretty hefty, I completed most of them, but February is a little more busy with kids sports, Sawyer's birthday and Josh and I are taking a vacation.

Without further ado...


February Goals


  • Prepare for taxes (I laugh a little at this, because I don't do much. Josh does it all.)
  • Clean all baseboards
  • Schedule annual Dr. exams/physicals for myself
  • Organize laundry room closet
  • Finish Sidney's wall art collage in her room
  • Start decorating in living room (specifically, under the stairs)
There it is, my February Goals. They are out there for you all to see. Gotta go, I better get started.


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips