Friday, August 31, 2012

It's tailgating time! Cute T-shirt how-to

The kids are back in school, college classes have started, the game day countdown is on.  I know you all have done your pre-game shirt shopping, right? Well guess what? This year I was able to shop in my own closet.  I saw a cute idea for a shirt, guess where? Pinterest...duh! Don't you just L. O. V. E it, bow and all?




Start with a shirt that is big. I found a shirt that was a size Large.
Too small for hubby and too large for me, yahoo!



I cut the sleeves off and the collar.


 Don't cut the logo! 
 
I turned the cut shirt inside out.



I found a shirt in my closet that is a comfortable fit
 and placed it on top to get a good measurement.




I placed pins around the shirt then sewed them. DON'T DO THIS!
I tried the shirt on...it was too small.

Pin about 1/4" to 1/2" away from your comfortable shirt, then sew.
Trim the excess fabric after you sew.

I trimmed the bottom to the length I wanted.


Sewed a hem.

I continually kept trying the shirt on to make sure I liked the fit.
I made some sewing adjustments along the way,
so it was a perfect fit for me.

Then hem all of the cuts for a finished look.
Add a bow.
Tailgate.

Go State!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips