Monday, April 23, 2012

Homemade microwave popcorn

Does your family go through a lot of microwave popcorn?  Our does! I got this recipe from my Dad and Step-mom, thanks guys!  They informed me that microwave popcorn has many additives. Which I guess I already knew, but never really thought about.

This is an alternative way to eat popcorn and it's economical and healthy!  I love that!


Ingredients
Brown paper lunch bag
1/4 Cup Popcorn kernels
1/8 tsp. Olive oil
Salt or seasoning of choice


Put 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels into the brown paper lunch bag. Drizzle 1/8 tsp olive oil over the top. You do NOT need a lot of oil.  If you put too much oil in the brown bag it will soak up at the bottom and leave a mess in your microwave.  Guess how I know this?

Fold the bag two times. Put in the microwave and cook.  Each microwave is different. It took ours over 4:00 minutes to cook. I would recommend putting it in for a long time then stopping the microwave when the kernels stop popping every 0:02 to 0:03 seconds.


Add your toppings. Popcorn salt, popcorn white cheddar cheese topping, butter, Lawry's Seasoning or Almond Bark our some of our favorites.  But you can pretty much do anything!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips